Thursday 22 January 2009

The Zangar You've Been Craving

I continue to be surprised that I'm actually enjoying Zangar - I expected that not being a skinner it would be worse than last time, and it was bad enough then!
Progress has definitely slowed, now around 6 hours per level. That said, 60-70 requires more XP to get through and the increase in quest/mob XP doesn't quite make up for it, so it's only to be expected.

I didn't expect to be able to do it, but I attempted Rajis Fyashe (63 elite) for 'Leader of the Bloodscale', I think I was 62 at the time. As she's ranged I thought she'd give me trouble, and to be fair it did take a long time and Archie died two seconds before Rajis. The one I thought would be easier (Leader of the Darkcrest) is melee, but he's really fast and hits way harder. I managed to kite in a circle for about 5 minutes and got him down to half before I was too low on mana to Concussion, Archie died and I had to FD.
Thanks to the level 70 hunter that helped me finish 'Leader of the Darkcrest' off later.
For those with a liking for numbers my Rajis fight was 119 dps over two and a half minutes.

I've got some good drops lately and even spent most of my gold on some gems for my legs (what's wrong with 'trousers'? :)
That's put my dps up a little to just under 200.
Looking through my gear I can see my trinkets could be doing more for me:
Strength of the High Chief - +50 AP
Shard of Afrasa - +5 mana/5 sec, +5 health/5 sec

I'd like active trinkets, the kind that give you a couple of hundred AP for 20 seconds every two minutes. Hm. Terokkar Tablet of Precision, 'Torgos!' quest reward? I know where I'm going soon... :)
That still leaves me with another to replace but it's a good start :)



----------
I wrote all of the above, played a few more hours, ran Underbog, got some good drops, made level 64 and my DPS appears to have gone up to 241. To be fair, this does include the buffed Underbog values, but they were around 230. I'll reset it and see if it's really improved or I've just been fighting mobs that damage easily :)
Also, the 241 dps is mine and Archie's combined - it's split 205/56. I know - that's 261, but my dps timer doesn't start until Archie's got aggro, so the average is lower.

Level: 64
/played: 6 days, 22 hours, 47 minutes
Location: Telredor
Theme: Echo & The Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses

dps/ap/crit/hit: 241/888/10.10%/25

No comments: